C-B-W Schools Federal Credit Union Loans
C-B-W Schools Federal Credit Union offers a full array of loan products to meet every need. Once you’re a member of the credit union you take advantage of our great lending programs that are sure to save you time and money.
No prepayment penalties apply and you can use payroll deduction or direct deposit to make your payments automatically, saving time and postage costs.
LOAN BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Great Interest Rates!
- Convenient Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit!
- Transfer loans you have with other institutions to C-B-W and save!
- Fast and Friendly Service!
Let us show you the credit union difference!
C-B-W offers auto loans for new and used vehicles. Loans are also available for purchase of motorcycles and recreational vehicles. Call and speak to one of our Member Services Representatives about rates and terms available.
Take advantage of our PRE-APPROVED auto loans, a wise way to purchase a vehicle. With a PRE-APPROVED auto loan, we will deduct .25% from the current loan interest rate. All you need is a general idea of how much you’ll need to borrow. After you’re PRE-APPROVED, you can concentrate on negotiating your best deal on the vehicle of your choice. The PRE-APPROVED amount can be adjusted after you determine exactly how much you need to borrow. Simply complete an application and have it PRE-APPROVED before going shopping for your vehicle. Check out our current low interest rates with a simple click of your mouse! Apply today, it’s easy!
Complete an application online, or call us and one of our friendly employees will mail or e-mail you an application.
C-B-W OFFERS CONVENTIONAL MORTGAGE LOANS
Financing the purchase of your new home has never been easier with our low interest mortgage loans.
Up to 20 year terms available on a monthly repayment schedule.
C-B-W finances up to 85% of the cost or appraised value, whichever is lower, for qualifying members
All mortgage loans will be held in-house and not sold
Check out our current low interest Rates!
Call one of our Member Service Representatives today, it’s easy!
Home Equity LOC
C-B-W offers a HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT loan. A HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT is a convenient way to borrow and can be a sophisticated financial tool at your disposal. It allows you to borrow money using the equity in your house as collateral.
Once your credit line has been established, you may draw on it as you need it by using special checks given to you when your line of credit is approved. You can then use the funds to make home improvements, purchase a vehicle, pay off high interest debts, pay education expenses, or some other purpose of your choice. It gives you peace of mind in knowing that funds are available if you need them, simply by writing a check. The interest you pay may be tax-deductible. C-B-W finances up to 85% of the fair market value of the property for qualifying members.
C-B-W’s HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT loan is a variable interest rate loan with the interest rate adjusted semi-annually, March 1 and September 1.
We have a 5 year draw period and the repayment term is based on the amount of your credit line.
Check out our current interest rate with a simple click of your mouse.
Give us a call for more detailed information and an estimate on fees associated with the loan.
C-B-W Offers Its Members Home Equity Loans
Our Home Equity loan has a fixed interest rate with a one time disbursement. C-B-W finances up to 85% of the fair market value of the property for qualifying members.
The maximum term is 20 years.
Fees associated with this type of loan are very minimal and well below what you would be charged elsewhere. Give us a call today for more details!
Check out our current low interest rate with a simple click of your mouse.
Take advantage of one of the lowest interest rate loans C-B-W has to offer.
Use your savings account or a certificate of deposit to secure a loan and pay an interest rate of only 2% above the account securing the loan. For example, if you have a certificate of deposit earning 5.15% and use that certificate as security for a loan, your loan interest rate would be 7.15%.
You continue to earn high interest on your savings while paying low interest on your loan. We think this is a “good deal”.
Call today for more information and talk to one of our friendly employees. They’ll be glad to assist you.
C-B-W also offers unsecured loan for smaller purchases, minor home improvement or whatever need might arise.
Our unsecured loans go up to $5000 per member with a maximum term of 36 months or up to $7500 per member with a maximum term of 48 months
Because of the recent changes to the Health Care and Education Reconcilation Act of 2010 (HCERA) Public Law 111-152 signed by President Obama on March 30, 2010, all inquiries for federal financial student aid should be directed to the school’s Financial Aid Office.
C-B-W offers it’s members a VISA CREDIT CARD.
- Competitively Priced, NO TEASER RATES
- Attractive Terms
- Online Account Information
- Transfer your high interest credit card balances to a low interest C-B-W VISA Credit Card. You could save money instantly!
- Easy to Apply
VISA Customer Service # – 1-844-267-2734
- Report Fraud
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Activate Your Card, Set PIN
- Other VISA Account Inquiries
VISA Account Info
Access to your VISA credit card account information is available to you 24 hours a day online by logging into your Online Banking!
After logging into your Online Banking you will see your VISA account listed on the balance screen. Click on the gray card image next to your VISA number to:
Check your account balance, make payments, view transactions since your last statement, and other information pertaining to your VISA account.
Don’t have access to Online Banking yet? Call to sign up today!
C-B-W’s VISA CREDIT CARD has the following features:
- A Low Interest Rate
- A 25 Day Grace Period
- A Line of Credit up to $7500.
- Online Account Information accessed through your Online Banking
- UChoose Rewards Program
Apply today and start enjoying the benefits reserved for MEMBERS ONLY.
C-B-W SCHOOLS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION VISA CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT
In this Agreement the words “you” and “your” mean each and all of those who agree to be bound by this Agreement; “Card” means the VISA credit card and any duplicates, renewals, or substitutions the Credit Union issues to you; “Account” means your VISA credit card line of credit account with the Credit Union, and “Credit Union” means the Credit Union whose name appears on this Agreement or anyone to whom the Credit Union transfers this Agreement.
1. Using Your Account. If you are approved for an Account, the Credit Union will establish a line of credit for you and notify you of your credit limit. You agree that your credit limit is the maximum amount (purchases, cash advances, finance charges, plus “other charges”) that you will have outstanding on your Account at any time. If you are over your credit limit, you must pay the amount you are over before payments will begin to restore your credit limit. You may request an increase in your credit limit only by a method acceptable to the Credit Union. The Credit Union has the right to reduce your credit limit, refuse to make an advance and/or terminate your Account at any time for any reason not prohibited by law.
2. Using Your Card. You may use your Card to make purchases from merchants and others who accept VISA Cards. In addition, you may obtain cash advances from the Credit Union and from other financial institutions that accept VISA Cards, and from some automated teller machines (ATMs). (Not all ATMs accept VISA Cards.) To obtain cash advances from an ATM, you must use the Personal Identification Number (PIN) that is issued to you for use with your Card. You agree that you will not use your Card for any transaction that is illegal under applicable federal, state, or local law.
3. Responsibility. You agree to pay all charges (purchases and cash advances) to your Account that are made by you or anyone whom you authorize to use your Account. You also agree to pay all finance charges and other charges added to your Account under the terms of this Agreement or another agreement you made with the Credit Union. If this is a joint Account, Section 17 below also applies to your Account.
4. Finance Charges. A finance Charge will be imposed on Credit Purchases only if you elect not to pay the entire New Balance of Purchases shown on your monthly statement for the previous billing cycle within twenty-five (25) days from the closing date of that statement. If you elect not to pay the entire New Balance of purchases shown on your previous monthly statement within that 25-day period, a Finance Charge will be imposed on the unpaid average daily balance of such Credit Purchases from the previous statement closing date and on new Credit Purchases from the date of posting to your account during the current billing cycle, and will continue to accrue until the closing date of the billing cycle preceding the date on which the entire New Balance of purchases is paid in full or until the date of payment if more than twenty-five (25) days from the closing date.
The Finance Charge for a billing cycle is computed by applying the monthly Periodic Rate of .0825%, which is an ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE of 9.9% to the average daily balance of Credit Purchases, which is determined by dividing the sum of the daily balances during the billing cycle by the number of days in the cycle. Each daily balance of Credit Purchases is determined by adding to the outstanding unpaid balance of Credit Purchases posted to your account, and subtracting any payments as received and credits as posted to your account, but excluding any unpaid Finance Charges.
A Finance Charge will be imposed on Cash Advances from the date of the Cash Advance or from the first day of the billing cycle in which the Cash Advance is posted to your account, whichever is later, and will otherwise be calculated in the same manner as explained above for Credit Purchases.
5. Other Charges. The following other charges (fees) will be added to your Account, as applicable:
a. Late Payment Fee: If you are ten (10) or more days late in making a payment, a late charge of $5.00 will be added to your account.
b. Return Check Fee: If a check or share draft used to make a payment on your account is returned unpaid, you will be charged a fee of $10.00 for each item returned.
c. Card Replacement Fee: You will be charged $5.00 for each replacement card that is issued to you for any reason
d. Collection Cost Fee: To the extent permitted by law, you will also be required to pay the Credit Union’s 20% collection expenses, including court costs and attorney’s fees.
6. Payments. Each month you must pay at least the minimum payment shown on your statement by the date specified on the statement or no later than twenty-five (25) days from the statement closing date, whichever is later. If your statement says the payment is “Now Due”, your payment is due no later than twenty-five (25) days from the statement closing date. You may pay more frequently, pay more than the minimum payment or pay the Total New Balance in full. If you make extra or larger payments, you are still required to make at least the minimum payment each month your Account has a balance (other than a credit balance). The minimum payment is 5% of your Total New Balance, or $20.00, whichever is greater, plus the amount of any prior minimum payments that you have not made, and any amount you are over your credit limit. The Credit Union also has the right to demand immediate payment of any amount by which you are over your credit limit.
7. Payment Allocation. Subject to applicable law, your payments may be applied to what you owe the Credit Union in any manner the Credit Union chooses. We may accept checks marked “payment in full” or with words of similar effect without losing any of our rights to collect the full balance of your account with us.
8. Security Interest. If you give the Credit Union a specific pledge of shares by signing a separate pledge of shares, your Account will be secured by your pledged shares. Collateral securing other loans you have with the Credit Union may also secure this loan except that a dwelling will never be considered as security for this Account, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other agreement.
9. Default. You will be in default if you fail to make any minimum payment or other required payment by the date that it is due. You will be in default if you break any promise you make under this Agreement. You will be in default if you die, file for bankruptcy or become insolvent, that is, unable to pay your obligations when they become due. You will be in default if you make any false or misleading statements in any credit application or credit update. You will also be in default if something happens that the Credit Union believes may substantially reduce your ability to repay what you owe.
When you are in default, the Credit Union has the right to demand immediate payment of your full Account balance without giving you notice. If immediate payment is demanded, you agree to continue paying finance charges, at the periodic rate charged before default, until what you owe has been paid, and any shares that were given as security for your Account may be applied towards what you owe.
10. Liability for Unauthorized Use-Lost/Stolen Card Notification. You agree to notify us immediately, orally or in writing at 460 Locust Street, PO Box 400, Sidman, PA 15955 or telephone (814)-487-5714, of the loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your Credit Card. You will not be liable for unauthorized use that occurs after you notify us of the loss, theft, or possible unauthorized use. You will have no liability for unauthorized purchases made with your credit card, unless you are grossly negligent in the handling of your card. In any case, your liability will not exceed $50.
11. Changing or Terminating Your Account. The Credit Union may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time. Notice of any change will be given in accordance with applicable law. If permitted by law and specified in the notice to you, the change will apply to your existing Account balance as well as to future transactions.
Either you or the Credit Union may terminate this Agreement at any time, but termination by you or the Credit Union will not affect your obligation to pay the Account balance plus any finance and other charges you owe under this Agreement. You are also responsible for all transactions made to your Account after termination, unless the transactions were unauthorized.
The Card or Cards you receive remain the property of the Credit Union and you must recover and surrender to the Credit Union all Cards upon request or upon termination of this Agreement whether by you or the Credit Union. The Credit Union has the right to require you to pay your full account balance at any time after your Account is terminated, whether it is terminated by you or the Credit Union. If this is a joint Account, Section 17 of this Agreement also applies to termination of the Account
12. Credit Information. You authorize the Credit Union to investigate your credit standing when opening or reviewing your Account. You authorize the Credit Union to disclose information regarding your Account to credit bureaus and creditors who inquire about your credit standing.
13. Returns and Adjustments. Merchants and others who honor your Card may give credit for returns or adjustments, and they will do so by sending the Credit Union a credit slip which will be posted to your Account. If your credits and payments exceed what you owe the Credit Union, the amount will be applied against future purchases and cash advances. If the credit balance amount is $1 or more, it will be refunded upon your written request or automatically after six (6) months.
14. Foreign Transactions. Purchases and cash withdrawals made in foreign countries and foreign currencies will be debited from your account in U.S. dollars. The conversion rate to dollars will be determined in accordance with the operating regulations established by VISA International. Currently the currency conversion rate used to determine the transaction amount in U.S. dollars is generally either a government-mandated rate or the wholesale rate in effect the day before the transaction processing date, increased by 1%. The currency conversion rate used on the processing date may differ from the rate that would have been used on the purchase date or cardholder statement posting date.
15. Merchant Disputes. The Credit Union is not responsible for the refusal of any merchant or financial institution to honor your Card. The Credit Union is subject to claims and defenses (other than tort claims) arising out of goods or services you purchase with the Card if you have made a good faith attempt but have been unable to obtain satisfaction from the merchant or service provider, and (a) your purchase was made in response to an advertisement the Credit Union sent or participated in sending to you; or (b) your purchase cost more than $50 and was made in your state or within one hundred (100) miles of your home.
16. Joint Accounts. If this is a joint Account, each person on the Account must sign the Agreement (by signing on the application). Each of you will be individually and jointly responsible for paying all amounts owed under this Agreement. This means that the Credit Union can require any one of you individually to repay the entire amount owed under this Agreement. Each of you authorizes the other(s) to make purchases or cash advances individually. Any one of you may terminate the Account and the termination will be effective as to all of you.
17. Effect of Agreement. This Agreement is the contract which applies to all transactions on your Account even though the sales, cash advances, credit or other slips you sign or receive may contain different terms.
18. No Waiver. The Credit Union can delay enforcing any of its rights any number of times without losing them.
19. Statements and Notices. Statements and notices will be mailed to you at the most recent address you have given the Credit Union. Notice sent to any one of you will be considered notice to all.
20. Final Expression. This Agreement is the final expression of the terms and conditions of this VISA line of credit between you and the Credit Union: this written Agreement may not be contradicted by evidence of any alleged oral agreement.
21. Copy Received. You acknowledge that you have received a copy of this Agreement.
PLEDGE OF SHARES
By signing below, you pledge to us and grant us a security interest in the following shareholdings with us, to secure your VISA account. You authorize us to apply these shareholdings to pay any amounts due on the account or under this agreement if you should default.
YOUR BILLING RIGHTS
KEEP THIS NOTICE FOR FUTURE USE
This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
Notify Us In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Bill
If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write us on a separate sheet at the address listed on your bill. Write to us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights.
In your letter, give us the following information:
- Your name and account number
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error. If you need more information, describe the item you are not sure about.
If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from your savings or share draft account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment, your letter must reach us three (3) business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
Your rights and Our Responsibilities After We Receive Your Written Notice
We must acknowledge your letter within thirty (30) days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within ninety (90) days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the bill was correct.
After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question, or report you as delinquent. We can continue to bill you for the amount you question, including finance charges, and we can apply an unpaid amount against your credit limit. You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of your bill that are not in question.
If we find that we made a mistake on your bill, you will not have to pay any finance charges related to any questioned amount. If we didn’t make a mistake, you may have to pay finance charges, and you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date that it is due.
If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation does not satisfy you and you write to us within ten (10) days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you to that you have a question about your bill. And, we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to. We must tell anyone we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is.
If we don’t follow these rules, we can’t collect the first $50 of the questioned amount, even if your bill was correct.
Special Rule for Credit Card Purchases
If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services. There are two (2) limitations on this right:
(a) You must have made the purchase in your home state or, if not within your home state, within one hundred (100) miles of your current mailing address; and
(b) The purchase price must have been more than $50
These limitations do not apply if we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services.
MEMBERS® Auto & Homeowners Insurance Program
You trust C-B-W Schools Federal Credit Union to provide you and your family with quality products and services to meet your financial needs. We’ve joined with a dedicated team of insurance professionals to bring you the MEMBERS® Auto & Homeowners Insurance Program.
- The MEMBERS® Auto & Homeowners Insurance Program is the property and casualty coverage solution preferred by credit unions and their members.
- Access convenient e-service, pay your bill or make changes to your policy, even report a claim.
- Receive fast, easy access to claims service 24 hours a day.
- Obtain a free, no-obligation quote.
The MEMBERS Auto & Homeowners Insurance Program is made available by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. and underwritten by leading insurance companies. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify. Discounts are not available in all states and discounts vary by state. A consumer report from a consumer reporting agency and/or motor vehicle report will be obtained on all drivers listed on your policy where state regulations allow. The insurance offered is not a deposit and is not federally insured or guaranteed by your credit union.